INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL SYSTEM
A leading international hospital system wanted to improve its Supply Chain to gain greater efficiency, better patient care and outcomes, plus cost reduction … the ultimate mandate becoming the recognized Centre for Supply Chain excellence in the region.
During an intensive 10-day on-site visit, the HSCX principals undertook an extensive interview and data analysis program with the senior supply chain managers and their clinical stakeholders within the hospital. Following the compilation of the interview results and presentation of a comprehensive supply chain diagnostic, the SCM management team participated in a structured prioritization process to identify key improvement projects to pursue. The result was a set of three projects and three project teams to undertake short projects to deliver immediate savings. Longer term projects were identified for more strategic value. HSCX provided coaching calls and other communications with each team to move the project toward their agreed upon set of objectives.
- Streamlined the organization’s Supply Chain
- Saved cost by working and collaborating with in-house teams to move the project toward their targeted goals
- Immediate savings
- In-house professionals – clinical and administrative, gained new skills and confidence in solving and managing their own SC challenges
- The organization gained an improved and highly effective Supply Chain Management process
- Today this hospital organization is branded as the leader in Healthcare Supply Chain Excellence for the region
NATIONAL PURCHASING ORGANIZATION
A very large, national group purchasing organization needed to advance the expertise of their high- potential supply chain directors and managers. The project mandate was to create a pool of professionals ready and promotable to regional or systems level positions.
Supply Chain directors and managers were selected to participate in a three-day training and follow-up coaching HSCX program. The HSCX principals created and delivered a customized training program for the inaugural class.
Prior to delivering the training HSCX conducted a pre-evaluation survey for skill level, comprehension of SC practices, strategic opportunities, level of confidence in communicating the purpose of SC efficiencies, level of confidence in affecting SC change throughout the organization. Post workshop HSCX conducted a follow-up self-evaluation of the above topics.
- The participating CEO commented, “… Outstanding presentation, your level of knowledge and expertise definitely surpassed our expectations.”
- Examples of knowledge, expertise, and confidence gained by participants;
- Confidence in capability to improve supply chain performance across the supply chain enterprise – Post training score reported 33% more confidence.
- Level of comfort in communicating the impact of supply chain management in ensuring patient and employee safety – Post training score indicated 60% higher comfort level.
- Command of tools for effectively communicating division and supply chain goals to physicians – Post training score shows over 100% growth in ability to communicate.
- Understanding the impact of leveraging shared economy practices and the opportunities they present for the supply chain – Post training score reported a 100% improvement in understanding practices.
- Prepared and able to communicate evidence-based supply chain practices to my team and other colleagues – Post training score showed a 67% gain in readiness to communicate evidence-based facts.
PHYSICIAN LEADERSHIP TRAINING
An international physician training organization sponsored a program for physicians to gain leading edge Supply Chain industry knowledge and expertise.
HSCX delivered a two-day customized seminar presenting SCM theory, solutions, and innovative applications to advance patient care and outcomes, hospital efficiency, and budget savings.
- Many of the participants claimed they had gained a much greater understanding about business basics – accounting, economics … and Supply Chain Management
- Attendees benefited from shared Best Practices.
- Gained new understanding about the role of SCM and its significant impact on their organizations.